Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Death. How scary is it?

We all die. At some point in our lives, these bodies will cease to exist, and our souls will move on. Will we go to heaven, the mecca of all things good, or hell, the haven for those who've sinned their whole life. (Let's face it- we've all sinned.)
Or, do our souls move our, forever changing into a new creature and experiencing new life?
I'm not afraid of death. I don't want it to come now, certainly not, but when it does come, I won't be afraid. I'll invite the last breath to be sucked from my body and my soul will move on. My body will be used to save others (I have no use for it) and that will be the end. By body will live on through donate organs and my soul will live on in another place.
My fear is not being with Joe. I can't imagine my life without him. Sometimes, when he's sleeping, he breathes so quietly I will poke him to make sure he's still there.
I have dreams of him leaving, of him dying and I cannot STAND them. I do not want to be without him. He breathes a new life into me that I haven't felt in a long time.

That is my fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment